Please call our receptionist for practitioner availability and bookings or view our Contact & book page for further information. We look forward to your visit.
Click on the practitioner's name to take you to their profile.
Homeopathy has been in use for over 200 years. The basic homeopathic principle of 'like cures like' was established by Hippocrates 2,500 years ago, but homeopathy as we know it today, was developed by a German physician named Samuel Hahnemann. He began his career as a doctor, but gave up his practice because he felt that his medicines and their side effects were doing more harm than good. He went on to experiment with giving reduced doses of potentially toxic medicine, and discovered that minute dilutions of a substance would cure his patients of the symptoms that a larger dose would cause.
The essential elements of homeopathy as taught by Hahnemann still hold true today. Homeopathy has grown to become the second most widely used system of medicine in the world. New remedies and ways of working continue to evolve, making homeopathy a truly dynamic energy medicine for busy people living in our complex world. Its success is due to several factors.
• Homeopathy is natural. Homeopathic remedies are based on natural ingredients.
• Homeopathy is completely safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use homeopathy without the danger of side effects.
• Homeopathy is holistic. It treats all the symptoms as one, which in practical terms means that it addresses the cause, not the symptoms. This often means that symptoms tackled with homeopathy do not recur.
• Homeopathy works in harmony with your immune system, unlike some conventional medicines that suppress the immune system.
• Homeopathy is a complementary therapy, and can be taken alongside other medication without producing unwanted side effects.
Remedies are made from a wide range of substances such as minerals and plants. For example: marigold (Calendula), Sulphur (the mineral), or the sting of a bee (Apis). Homeopathic pharmacies make remedies by taking a small quantity of the chosen material and crushing or macerating it. It is then diluted many times, and succussed (vigorously shaken) between each dilution to release the energy of the substance.
The end result is a remedy that is non-toxic, with no danger of overdose or addiction. Homeopathic remedies are available in a range of potencies, and are carefully chosen to match the symptoms and energy of each individual patient.
Experienced Complementary Therapists at Bethnal Green East London E2. Offering osteopathy, cranial osteopathy, acupuncture, a range of massage therapies, homeopathy, counselling and psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, reflexology, metamorphic technique. Covering Hackney E8/E9, Bow E3, Mile End E3, London Fields E8, Stratford E5, Stepney E1, Shoreditch E1, Spitalfields, Docklands, Victoria Park E9, and the City of London.